Transmission problems

From: William R Bell Jr (rickeybell@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 1997 - 08:42:29 EDT

Has anyone had any problems with a cold engine & transmission? When I leave in the morning I back down a 30 yard driveway into the street. When I put the truck in drive it doesn't lock into gear until I hit the gas, then it locks in at about 1000 RPM. That creates a jurk that doesn't bother me much; however, I don't think it is near right. If I back in at night it doesn't do it. Also, the transmission is really sensitive to shifting RPM. It downshifts and upshifts at times it doesn't normally do it. When I day a cold engine I mean about 55 degrees (the normal southern morning). It doesn't help if I pull it down in first or second.

Rickey
97 CC SLT+ V-8 Auto 3.55SG Handling Package K&N