Re: No Muffler -Reply -Reply

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 16:22:15 EDT

At 01:16 pm 5/6/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Mike,
>
> Did you just replace the muffler or did you do a cat-back system. I am
>really interested in duals out the back but everybody has been saying that
>back pressure becomes a problem I am not sure what to do. I was planning on
>going with a Dynomax myself, a single in and dual out type set up. Any
advice
>from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
>
>TIA
>
>Gregg
>92 CC V6, msd ignition and FIPK-clone soon

My setup was custom crafted. I took my 2 1/2 in/out muffler to a local
shop. To get it to work they welded a short piece on to the muffler and
cut the equivelent piece out of pipe between the muffler and cat. And
made the connection there so the smallest inside diameter was 2 1/2". The
tailpipe is 2 1/2 also and bent very well almost no crimping in the bends.

I've not an expert but i've been on the list for 1.5 years and have heard
alot. If you go to duals after your muffler then you won't have to worry
about backpressure as much since the track after the cat and the muffler
itself should provide enough backpressure. You only really have to worry
about back pressure if your running true duals. If your still concerned
with pressure maybe run 2 or 2 1/4 out of the muffler and put on larger
tips for the looks.

       // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
    {}|| | | ||{} mmeye@umr.edu
      [=============] 92 Dakota SLE Club Cab