Re: Teaching old trucks new tricks.

From: mkarl@airmail.net
Date: Wed May 14 1997 - 18:15:53 EDT

At 03:20 PM 5/14/97 -0400, you wrote:

> I've got a question regarding vehicle age and modifications...
>
> I picked up my truck in October of '95, and I just passed the
>30,000 mark. :P I suspect I'm feeling the same way a person does
>as they pass their 40th, 50th, etc. birthdays. :)
>
> I had this vision of this great truck I was going to build, and here
>I am driving a stock truck at 30,000 miles! I realize that there are
>others on this list with high miles and no problems, but I'm feeling
>the pressure to "do something before its too late". :) Maybe I'm going
>through a mid-truck crisis? ;)
>
>>I was thinking of getting one of the newer body styles down the road, but
>if I put a lot of work into my current truck I may very well like it
>so much that I won't want to get a new one, and I'll end up keeping it
>for 10 years or maybe longer... (Which would definitely be less painful
>for my wallet) ;) I couldn't afford to get a new truck for a quite a
>while anyway, so I want to go ahead and start building toward my
>unobtainable "dream truck".
>
> I guess what I'm asking is, is there anything to watch out for
>when upgrading? What are the long term effects?
>
>GO for it .I have 90k miles on mine.I have never babyed it.I race on weekends
and have fun.I ran it wot to 90 mph when i Picked it up new w/22 miles
on the odometer.Change the oil every 3000 miles.The engine still runs like new
with no oil use.
Karl 92CC 4/5 rt,4.10SG,electric fans,non lockup converter,B&M mega shifter
Jacobs omnipac.(15.093@89.97)1.7roller rockers on order.
mkarl@airmail.net