Re: Drat!!!! (turkey damage on my '97)

From: Tom McCabe (mccabet@megsinet.net)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 18:04:15 EDT

Lee Jacobs wrote:
> It's my understanding that a radiator for an automatic will have part
> of the radiator partitioned off for the automatic trans. fluid.

The only differences between a radiator for a manual versus an automatic
transmission, is the addition of an additional cooling tube in the lower
radiator resevoir that is used to pass the transmission fluid through.
The location and size of this tube will not affect the cooling capacity
enough to be concerned with (if any).

If they will do it, I would have them install the automatic radiator and
get your truck back.

Good Luck!

Tom

'96 SLT CC, 5.2L, Auto, 3.55SG, Gibson CAT Back Exhaust