Re: Drat!!!! (turkey damage on my '97)

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu May 22 1997 - 17:22:51 EDT

> WillTier@aol.com wrote:
>
> > of
> > course the auto has a higher tow rating only because they can take it.
>
> Sorry Will, this isn't always true. Check your FSM:
>
> My '95 with 5 speed (318, Club Cab, 4x2, 3.55SG) is rated to tow
> some 300#+ more than the equivalent truck with auto.
>
> Ron

I don't know about that but I do know that the '86 Dodge Ram I drive is an
auto and has pulled everything ever hooked up to it, has never been stuck
in the mud, has never given any problems (Except for a seal leak and I
don't count that), and I outaccelerate everyone else at the stoplight in
it, plus you don't have the hastle of fooling with a clutch, so for me
autos rule. But I do like sticks in sports cars, it seems a waste to have
an auto in a car like a Stealth or a Viper (I know they don't have auots
available, just making a point).
Later-
Bruce