Re: Drat!!!! (turkey damage on my '97)

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 17:08:19 EDT

>But just to qualify it further, I used to think a manual transmission was
>the only way to go with a pickup (especially 4x4), but that was in the days

I second that opinion. I used to swear I'd never own a slush pump, but
the V8 was only available with the auto back in '93, and I didn't want an
air bag as the later trucks have.

An auto works great off-road, and is a lot more convenient for commuting.
I admit you can't rock a vehicle in deep snow as well [although even a
good five feet of the stuff hasn't stopped the Dak] and you can't tow
an auto too easily [drop the driveshaft on a Dak, and all the xfer case
lube pours out]. With the tow package max cooling system, overheating
has never been an issue.

Jim
The "Assault Weapons" ban is drive-by legislation. The target: Crime;
the victimized innocent bystander: the lawfully armed Citizen.
     ~*~*~ Tyranny Insurance by Colt's Manufacturing Cos. ~*~*~