Re: One problem, one question

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun May 25 1997 - 17:47:05 EDT

At 03:00 PM 5/25/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a 4x2 Dakota Sport (3.9L). Recently, the ABS and Parking Brake
>come on at startup and stay on. I took it to the dealer and they said
>my brakes needed to be readjusted; that's why the sensor was being
>tripped. That was fine - for about a day. It just started doing it
>again yesterday. At one point, I lost about half of my braking pressure
>when I went to stop and the pedal shook (a la ABS). Has anyone else
>had/heard of this problem and if so, what can I tell the dealer to look
>for or how to fix it?
>
>2. Anyone know of some *good* performance upgrades for the 3.9L engine?
>I know a few exhaust manufacturers are beginning to make some headers
>and stuff (Jardine). Anyone else? Anything about hood scoupes either?
>
>Thanks ... Mat

You've probably got a bad wheel sensor. I had one fail 3 weeks after I
took delivery of mine. Had a bad master cylinder too. What year truck are
we talkin' about? If it's a '97 the wheel sensor probably won't be a
problem but I waited 2 months for the master cylinder. I've had the
pedal/pressure problem as well but it only happened after I went through
car wash and hasn't done it after the first 2 or 3 times it happened. If
they ran the proper diagnostics these problems will show up.