Re: I'm in sound system heaven!!!

From: Bruce Bexte (bruceb@direct.ca)
Date: Sun May 25 1997 - 22:19:04 EDT

Ryan LeBlanc wrote:

> Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought the Alpine 6 disc cd changer
> for use with the factory stereo with CD controls. The changer model #
> CHM-S601 ran me $350. The adapter to hook up to the stereo $50. The
> install $50. I had planned on it mounting under the passenger seat, but
> the installer said "no go". It was just not going to fit. Not enough
> clearance due to the spring under there. He ended up putting it in the
> glove box (after making a few mods to the structure of it). That's OK
> by me since it is easier to get to while driving. I'll just use the
> very convenient center console to store "gloves" :-).
>
> Today, I put in an amp and sub. I just needed cleaner bass. The
> Infinity system just wasn't cutting it. I bought a hot box and put an
> Alpine 8" sub in it. Hooked it up to a Kenwood amp, which also wouldn't
> mount under the seat. The changer and amp were installed at separate
> places and both said there was not enough room under the seats. The
> solution: They removed the plastic panel of the Driver's side in the
> club cab. Then they cut a hole in the interior sheet metal and put the
> amp in there. With the panel back on you can't even see the amp. If
> someone wants to steal my amp, they are going to have to take the whole
> truck! Any way, I couldn't be happier. The system sound GREAT!!!
>
> Just thought I would share my experiences with y'all.
> P.S. The sub box sits on the rear bench seat and is easily removed if I
> need to haul people. Speaking of which, I did have myself and 5 others
> in there the other day. It was tight, but we fit. Gosh, I love my
> truck. The installers at both places also couldn't help but drool when
> I told them how much power and the payload and towing capacities of my
> "baby". Sorry I'm bragging again aren't I? How can you help it
> though? 'till next time,
>
> RyanHi Ryan I also bought the Alpine six disk changer but ended up taking it back because I
couldnt fit it anywhere with out cutting up the truck.So I opted for a Claion drx6375
head unit, Its been in for three weeks and I love it its tonns better then the sony Ive
got in my T-bird.still thinking putting in some amps and a sub.The big thing ive found
is new toy to play with,saves on tires(ok Im just a big kid and cant help my self).bye
for now happy tunes man. Bruce