Re: Tire Rotation

From: Lee Jacobs (LJacobs@calvin.uchsc.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 13:15:08 EDT

> spare to right rear ... right rear to right front ... right front to left
> rear ... left rear to left front ... left front back to spare.

From what I understand you should NEVER switch sides on a radial...
That's why Dodge doesn't show the spare in the rotation, because you
should keep left tires left and right tires right (i.e. keep direction
of rotation the same for the life of the tire). Since the spare
(hardly ever) never gets used, it hasn't a set direction.

The method the ferd manual used sounds like the old bias-ply
(non radial) method.

Thats what I think ... anyway.

   __
  / / ___ ___ Lee Jacobs
 / / / _ \/ _ \ LJacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.Edu
/ /__| __/ __/ University of Colorado Health Sciences
\____/\___|\___| Big Aspirations, Small Wallet.