Re: Tire Rotation

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 14:00:52 EDT

At 10:15 AM 6/2/97 -0700, you wrote:

>>From what I understand you should NEVER switch sides on a radial...
>That's why Dodge doesn't show the spare in the rotation, because you
>should keep left tires left and right tires right (i.e. keep direction
>of rotation the same for the life of the tire). Since the spare
>(hardly ever) never gets used, it hasn't a set direction.
>
>The method the ferd manual used sounds like the old bias-ply
>(non radial) method.
>
>Thats what I think ... anyway.
>
> __
> / / ___ ___ Lee Jacobs

Lee:

I believe this is old thinking. The Wranglers (front tires) on my 97 were
getting wear (front outside lug wearing faster that rear lug - cupping),
caused by turning. The solution is to rotate front left to right rear etc.
 This reverses the direction and evens the wear. More that one tire shop
told me to do this. No alignment problems.

But, this is just my opinion, not necessarity correct.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada