Re: Mileage issues...

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 23:58:47 EDT

> I think we agree here. I would like to do some easy mods to my truck,
> but it will probably be a while since I just forked over a good chunk
> of cash to buy my truck ;-)
>
> I've heard that the exhaust is pretty good on the Dakota - better than
> the Ram anyways because that's what Dodge claims makes 10 more horses
> in the Dak. You guys are more experienced, however, so it could
> be b.s.
>
> What effect does changing out the throttle body and air cleaner assembly
> have on performance/economy? What about the timing? The company Magnum
> Performance is here in Houston, so I thought I'd give them a shot.
>
> thanks,
> --
> Phil Hyde - Houston, TX.
> work - ephy@ngccorp.com (M-F 8-5) play - philh@insync.net
> www - http://www.insync.net/~philh

Know the feeling of having no money. As far as the exhaust goes, I know
there are some systems that flow better than stock, the other memebers
probably know the names, I can't think of them right off hand, but I know
I'm going to have a dual exhaust put in just because they sound so awesome
if for no other reason. Don't know personally but others on the list say
changing the throttle body and air cleaner gives a noticeable increase in
horsepower. I say go for it, if your considering a mod do it, nothing
like customizing your vehicle to fit your style.
Bruce