Re: Meldrum filter

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 18:42:37 EDT

>Ok, bought me a 14" air cleaner, the K&N filter is on order. One problem
>though, it sits to low on the TBI. Did you have this problem?? I think I
>solved mine by finding a large 5" rubber hose, approx 2" thick, at my local
>hardware store. This raised up the filter enough to clear the brackets.
>
>Took it for a test drive. Boy doesn't this thing sound hot!!! (Even with a
>standard 14" filter it feels better. I wonder how much is psychological?
>:-D
> [ ] Rob Robinson [ ]
> [==] 1996 Dodge Dakota Sport [==]
> [ ] 318 Short Bed Standard Cab [ ]

Wait till ya get the K&N! The 10" jobs we're using clear ok. They're the
flat bottom type cleaner. I'm guessin' yours is the "recessed base" type.

Rubber hose was a good idea. The spacers they sell for that purpose are
only like 3/4" tall and close to $10.

Even if it was psychological isn't it a blast!! ;^)