Re: dakota tires

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 13:08:23 EDT

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997 00:22:11 -0600, you wrote:

>Speaking of tires, and I know we had this discussion a couple of weeks ago, but what about tires? I've never had many problems with the Wranglers, and the RT/S that come with the Dak seem to grip quite well, though I know a number of people on this list hate them. For a similar on/off road tire, or perhaps an All-Terrain tire, what does everybody recommend?

Me thinks we hashed this out to a serious need to rotate at 6,000
miles, right? I have only 8,100 miles on my truck and have already
rotated them and used a torque wrench to tighten the lug nuts as
someone stated.(rotor problems if ya don't) My 31'x10.50's are really
nice tires, they are quiet on the road, grip well in the dirt and rock
(if aired-down on the rocks) wet roads are not a problem for us here
in Arizona so I don't know about wet traction. A buddy of mine
actually traded in his BFG AT's for the Wranglers as mine are way
quieter than his were...

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow