Re: 98 Dak "ordered"

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 00:27:53 EDT

<< I think you got it right - the V8 and the stick is what's hard
 to find. All of the V8's I looked at had autos. It's probably
 easier to find a V6 and 5-spd. >>

Side comment..

Went to the drags last night and talked my friend with a 97 Ram 4 X 4 SB 360
3.92 with auto into going up. He has had the truck for about 6 months and
wants to get rid of it, first auto and wants the 5 spped back. I ended up
running 2nd in the bracket race 2nd to him. He was proud as hell he said "
Iv'e been drag racing for years on and off and this is my first trophy, I
can't believe it" Why did you run so well he said "Consistency". I said and
you want to go back to a 5 speed? Good point he said but I still like 5
speeds because I get bored with nothing to do but this is my first auto and
here's the trophy. Just a matter of preference but drag racing it is pretty
tough to consistently beat and Auto..

Bill