Re: More latenight cruisin'

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 02:20:47 EDT

> << However, I did have one punk kid in a ******ed up Dodge Neon try to race.
> I almost lost due to laughing so hard. I blanked out the adjective
> describing the Neon, mostly due to the politically correct nature of my brain
> at 12:30 AM. But you know the kind of car, >>
>
> Hey Pat
> I can't remember what your truck is but just curious what are you running in
> the 1/4 mile??? I have only seen one 97 at the drags it was a Black SB V8
> 3.92 SG with Ram air and aftermarket exhaust (not sure which one) and a 5
> speed and his best time was a 16.03. The guy uses it to haul his 69 Dart 340
> (running 11's) to the track but didn't have his hitch on yet and just brought
> the truck. My son with his *****ed Neon is running 15.7 at 88 MPH. I don't
> think I would take all of them too lightly or laugh to loud yet. He has
> surprised the crap out of a lot of folks at the drags, it is a 97 Neon Sport
> 5 spd with just over 2000 miles and only change is a K&N element. I'm
> beginning to worry myself it isn't even broke in yet??
>
> Bill

Yeah you have to worry about those little cars, since they don't weigh
much, if they have a halfway decent engine they'll fly. As they say don't
judge a book by it's cover, just because a car doesn't look like much
doesn't mean it can't run. Take every challenge seriously, never know
what's under the hood.

Bruce