Re: More latenight cruisin'

From: cvidos@mail.io.com
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 12:37:10 EDT

> From: Bruce Aaron Hefner <gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu>
> I have to agree with the drool on the Hennsey Viper Venom GTS, that thing
> kicks ass.

Man, you said THAT right. While attending our local F-Body
DynoPalooza, a friend of one of the list members showed up in his
brand new Hennessey Viper Venom 550 (you know, the "low" powered one)
He pulled 550 something HP AT THE WHEELS with alomst as much torque.
The thing was running 11.8's at our local slippery track on STREET
tires (big-ass ones, though) at about 130 MPH.

Gorgeous blue with dual white racing stripes. There's only one guy on
our Austin list that could keep up with him in the quarter, but
that's a whole other story.

By the way, you should hear the idle on this car. Hennessey must put
in one helluva cam, because the thing alomst sounds like a dragster.
The exhaust was so loud that under full throttle on the dyno, my ear
drums freaked out and I got dizzy and almost lost my balance. The
same thing happened to the guy that was standing next to me. But I
loved it at idle; thrumpa thrumpa thrump. Still, it didn't have that
cool sound that a good American V8 can make.

Carl
   Carl Vidos * cvidos@io.com * http://www.io.com/~cvidos
 1995 Firebird M6, White, Flowmaster, LGM Intake, Hurst, ~CAGS
AFPR, Crane Gold Rockers, Taylor 8mm Wires, MSD 6A, 13.78@103.97