Re: More latenight cruisin'

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 21:30:39 EDT

> I stand corrected. ;)
>
> Now, I'm not sure, but.... I think I read somewhere that the
>centrifugal superchargers develop more power than the old roots system.
>If so, you may be guilty of premature Arrrh'ing. :)
>

> -Jon-

Uhhh, uhhh, I Arrrh just fine. ;^)

That could be the case. The centrifugal supercharger is really an
efficient little shit. They're havin' no problems pullin' 20+ psi out of
those things. Sumthin' about that big, whinin', polished lung stickin'
thru the hood just makes me Arrrh though.

The cost for the Vortech's, Paxton's, ATI's, whatever is prohibitive in my
opinion though. Being the type that would feel comfortable doing a full
engine swap the $3k could be spent on motor givin' ya the same, or better,
results.

I suppose there is sumthin' to be said for a 40% hp increase that you can
bolt on in an afternoon though.

Just curious......anyone out there *have* a blown Dak? I think, if I'm not
mistaken, Jerry has the quickest to date.....naturally aspirated to boot.
Any updates on the DFI, Jerry?

  sean meldrum