Re[2]: Cat-back Exhaust.....

From: Sean P Meldrum (Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 08:09:23 EDT

> I don't think shops can touch anything in front of the converter unless its
> damaged or not functioning. On the other hand, the size of that pipe might
> qualify for "not funtioning". ;^)

> sean meldrum

we'll do it...but it's not cheap....

Russ

--

     What's "not cheap"?  I'd be thinking of 2-1/4" pipe following the same
     route as stock.   If the pipes were bent and kept as separate pieces

     If you had access to a '97 you could actually market a replacement
     Y-pipe for both body styles.  If you stated "for offroad use only" you
     can even skip the emissions exemptions.