FW: 1st defect - horn

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Mon Jun 16 1997 - 19:59:00 EDT

Not sure if this made it out, so here goes again...

>Sorry, should have looked this up earlier, the ole parts book only shows
>*one* low note horn.

I've got the lame-o low note horn on my '96 too... I was thinking about
putting on the horn from a '96-'97 Grand Cherokee (nice two-tone sound),
I've looked on a friends Grand Cherokee, but they've got the horn buried
so deep in the grill/radiator/front clip assembly, you can't even find
it... I was going to call the Jeep dealership and see what size it was,
and see if it would fit in the stock Dak location (or if it was even
similar in size/shape)... Anyone know for sure??? Any other good horn
ideas??
I've been wanting to change my horn from day one, I just don't want to
expend a lot of time, money or effort to do it... if it's just a bolt-on
to the stock location, connect the wires, bingo, that'd work, fine, but I
don't want to mess around with custom bracketry, horns in series, or any
cutting/drilling, etc.. Plus there's not a lot of room between the rad
and the grill, and I don't want to mount air horns on the inner fender...

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone/Magnecor KV85 wires
Brass Cap&Rotor/Autolite Platinums/Blaster 3 Coil
MSD Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI soon!
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9636/