Re: *Real* mufflers

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 00:08:34 EDT

> Jarrod. Thanks for the reply..my question too....how do you like the
sound?
> Only difference is I *want* some volume. I'm temporarily runnin' no
> muffler at all. It sounds *great* but is just a little too loud for
> gettin' along with the neighbors. ;^) I'm lookin' to end the exhuast
> before the axle so the 3" center in/out is exactly what I'm looking for
and
> the volume should be just slightly higher than the 3" in/2-1/2" dual out,
> which is the only Dak mounted Flowmaster I've heard in person.

i wanted mine to exit before the rear wheel as well, but the frame doesnt
allow it to work properly on my CC 2WD, because of the frame being
straight, the pipe will hang like 2 inches off the ground, this would
suck!. so i opted for rear exit at the right rear corner coming out at an
angle with my oval megs tip.

> Mike......I've heard Dave Deming's 2 chamber dual rear exit system. It's
> what you want. Nice rumble at idle, great bark when you throttle it,
but
> since the pipes are run to the rear you can just hear it in the cab. As

oh contraire!. i can hear my exhaust very well (not too much, but tasteful
is the keyword here) and i can even feel the exhaust rumble in the floor.
plus i turn heads when i take off at WOT:)

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car