Roar!

From: Gary Atkinson (gatkin@series2000.com)
Date: Thu Jul 03 1997 - 23:34:00 EDT

Hey,
I have an annoying roar that I think I have isolated down to the cooling
fan/clutch. It doesn't happen all the time, but maybe 30-40% of the time
and is quite loud. I "sounds" like a slow shift out of first gear and
that the engine is racing. A quick check of the tach showed that not to
be the case. It happens with hard or easy acceleration and when I hold a
constant rpm, the roar fades away.

Its a 97 V-6 auto. Can anyone tell me if this is a thermal clutch? It
not associated with air conditioning, seems to happen independant of
engine temperature, and happens in gear or when in park/neutral Any
second opinions (asking for opinions on this list is dangerous :-) )

Any help appreciated.

Gary Atkinson, 97 V6 cc sport