Re: Roar!

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Fri Jul 04 1997 - 12:59:57 EDT

Gary, and all, the clutch fan on my '92 only roars after the truck's been
standing for awhile and goes away gradually in about half a mile to a
mile. A friend with a '92 3.9 too has the same thing with AC, but before
he had the factory AC installed he had no roar. If you have a chance to
look through a shop manual or a non AC Dak check out the difference
between the fans in number of blades and blade pitch. I'd rather have a
little roar than an overheated engine anytime.

Larry