TBI Mod

From: Shawn Shultzaberger (shultzas@mwr.kic.or.jp)
Date: Sat Jul 19 1997 - 22:09:00 EDT

    I was kind of curious about this mod. Is the TBI coated with
anything to keep it from getting any kind of corrosion on it? And if
you port the TBI will this strip some of the coating off of it and
cause corrosion in the ports? I realize that the TBI is probably
aluminum or some mix of metals. Although with the injectors being
right there maybe the gasoline will keeps them preserved in some
way. Then again maybe I have no clue as to what I am talking
about... hahahahah ; -)
    Reason I ask all this is because I have real non-coated aluminum
rims on my RX-7 over here and man are they a pain to keep clean.
They seem to corrode within 2 days of a good wash and polish.
    By the way... did you guys see the new Pro-Stock Dodge Dakota on
NHRA Today on TNN? Wow!! Very sharp... can't wait to see it run....

Shawn