Re: print problems

From: scott (ssande@gwis.com)
Date: Mon Jul 28 1997 - 22:29:37 EDT

>well, when i bought my truck a month and a half ago, it had some scratcehs
>on it that i had the dealer give me a due slip to get em fixed for free at
>the body shop there, well last week they fixed the scratches and repainted
>some spots on my truck (they had the friggin thing all week!). well after
>getting it back on friday, i immediately noticed a ding on teh pass side
>door which i pointed out and the dealer is again fixinf it at no cost to
>me. but after bringing it home friday, i looked closer and i saw buffer
>swirl scratches in the paint all over the danm truck, like someone buffed
>it slowly and only used one side of the buffer and pressed hard. needless
>to say they are gonna have my truck for the rest of this week. the body
>shop manager said they may have to re-paint my whole truck?????. whayt
>kinda crap is this? its brand new!. i dont want a re-painted new truck, i
>want a new one if thats the case!/. has anyone else had this problrem?.
>they basically told me there isnt anything i can do about it. i cant lemon
>law it under the paint since this isnt the factory's fault, but the
>dealers.. can anyone help me?

I can't help you, but I am in the same boat as you. The dealer scratched
the truck up during prep (black truck). While I was out of town last week
my wife took the truck back to have the detail it. The truck came back
mostly OK except for a dent and 3 scratches on the rear of the cab. Just
got back from the dealer tonight to see when they will fix it. Yes, I do
not want a repainted truck that is 2 months old, but there is little I can
do. And to top it off the truck is leased. IMHO the black paint Chysler
uses is soft and scratches easily.