RE: print problems

From: Randy Bowman (r.bowman@cvce.com)
Date: Mon Jul 28 1997 - 21:45:39 EDT

On Monday, July 28, 1997 8:47 PM, Jarrod Pilone [SMTP:moparman@jet.laker.net]
wrote:
> well, when i bought my truck a month and a half ago, it had some scratcehs
> on it that i had the dealer give me a due slip to get em fixed for free at
> the body shop there, well last week they fixed the scratches and repainted
> some spots on my truck (they had the friggin thing all week!). well after
> getting it back on friday, i immediately noticed a ding on teh pass side
> door which i pointed out and the dealer is again fixinf it at no cost to
> me. but after bringing it home friday, i looked closer and i saw buffer
> swirl scratches in the paint all over the danm truck, like someone buffed
> it slowly and only used one side of the buffer and pressed hard. needless
> to say they are gonna have my truck for the rest of this week. the body
> shop manager said they may have to re-paint my whole truck?????. whayt
> kinda crap is this? its brand new!. i dont want a re-painted new truck, i
> want a new one if thats the case!/. has anyone else had this problrem?.
> they basically told me there isnt anything i can do about it. i cant lemon
> law it under the paint since this isnt the factory's fault, but the
> dealers.. can anyone help me?
>

> Jarrod
>

> Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
> http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
> '97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
> Shift Kit.
> '72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car

well, its like this, you just cant get good help anymore....seriously, you
bought a new truck, it should look new, did you sign an acceptance slip when
you picked it up, if so, you may be stuck with the paint job, and in reality,
that may be better than factory paint anyway, if done by a good paint
shop...just my thoughts, been there, done that with my 89 s10 blazer

Randy Bowman
http://www.cvce.com/reb/dakota.htm
'93 LE 4X4 CC 318ci Auto
MP SBEC, K&N FIPK, Gibson 3", JBA SS Headers

'69 Camaro 350 Auto (UnderConstruction)
'79 Triumph Spitfire (Daily Driver)
'68 Triumph Spitfire (Under Tarp)