scanner results

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com
Date: Fri Aug 08 1997 - 08:20:58 EDT

Guys- with repect to the scanners... they aint perfect... to wit:

I to had a problem with surging. except that mine was @ 69-70 MPH (no
problems higher OR lower) and the dealers scanner (DRBII?) said all
was copacetic. Well, $350 of shot-in-the-dark troubleshooting later,
The TPS was replaced and fixed the problem. Every single scan prior to
that said the TPS was perfect. And these scans were performed *at* 69-70
MPH during the surges... go figure...
what ever happen to the old time mechanics, that could diagnose a problem
half-in-the-bag from 20 paces? They didn't have any stinkin scanners!

>From: David Zavetsky <dzavetsky@earthlink.net>

>ANd then after a couple hundred bucks, they
>either find the one part that caused it all along, or I end up being a lot
>pooorer with the same problems....

Ouch... this sounds sooo familiar...

>... checked output of TPS and a few other
>sensors,

HOW??? Not with the scanner I hope...

>Its an odd problem,...The truck runs like crazy EXCEPT under light-moderate
>load at around 2200 rpm...Actually, it surges up and down at that rpm if you
>hold the throttle and load steady..

We as normal people (the Politically correct version of dakotaholics)
should be able to live and learn. (from others too if possible..)
thats what separates us from animals and lawyers!
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

-rICK
'90 4x4 3.9L Auto(A500)