Re: Questions From A Newbie

From: sclarke@cancom.net
Date: Sun Aug 10 1997 - 16:18:21 EDT

So the manual transmission would only be good for highers speeds?.
Auto's are generally always better for drag racing?. I'm curious, no
drag strips here, the occasional race from about 50-60 mph on. I
personally would prefer an auto most of the time (easier on tires)
but for the extra cost I can get more options with the truck. what is
the difference in 1/4 times between auto's and 5-speeds, I thought
the manual's where faster by the times motor trend and other magazine
write up on?
It takes a mopar to catch a mopar:-)

Steve Clarke 94 Dakota V-6, 5-Speed
sclarke@cancom.net Alpine