RE: speakers

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Aug 10 1997 - 19:21:56 EDT

At 03:10 PM 8/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Don't put all that much effort in the rears. After all, the goal is to
>build a stage up front. You wouldn't spend all that much money for concert
>tickets BEHIND the stage, so why do so for rear speakers. Think of the as
>'fill' speakers and limit the high frequency if possible. I have a simply
>pair of Infinity Kappa 6.5" MIDs, with no tweeters. They run 120hz to 3.5K
>hz. Just mid-range. I leave the tweeters up front to keep my stage ahead
>of me, where it should be.

        I was originally going to just put some 5-1/4's back there but I'd still
want some sort of sub. I figured the boxes would kill two birds with one
stone.

>Take the money and invest it in a very good pair of front speakers. Put
>anything you can find in the rear for a good price. You'll be much
>happier.
>James Bird BirdJD@InternetMCI.com

        I've got those Pioneer 6-1/2 speakers already. They should be fine for as
picky as I am. Half the time I've got the stereo off listening to the
exhaust rumble anyway. ;^)

Here's a question tho.......would I be better off with the boxes or 5-1/4's
with a subwoofer tube?