Re: Questions From A Newbie

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Aug 10 1997 - 19:16:02 EDT

At 06:46 PM 8/10/97 -0400, you wrote:

><< If you could get it to hook up the stick (I'm askin' for it here) should
>be
> just marginally quicker simply due to the better first gear ratio. Top end
> should be pretty close as I think the overdrive ratios are similar. >>
>
>I FFF but the first gear deal loses out in spin, yepper the autois the way to
>go for draggin. I didn't want to disappoint you seen as you were askin for
>it. ho ho ho
>
>Bill

        How did I know I'd get a response from you Bill? ;^) I agree, for
draggin' consistency (brackets) go with the auto, but for acceleration the
gearing helps (hence "get it to hook up"). I'm sure you can comfirm the
traction problem Bill.....yer lookin' at Drag Radials after all...... 8^).
If my budget allowed new street tires AND some drag tires I'd be orderin'
some too.

Forget trying to get the truck to hook on street tires. You'll need those
Drag Radials, DOT's, or slicks. Hey Jarrod (if you've got yer modem up
again), any updates on the running the truck with the slicks? How 'bout
the BFG DR's Stan? What were the results?