JET. Good or bad?

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 00:10:00 EDT

At 11:12 PM 8/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey Sean:
>
>You said in your post that you heard some bad things about JET........Just
>wondering what bad things you heard. I am thinking of buying one of there
>computers for my Shelby, Just checking things out before I make any
>purchases
>
>Thanks
>
>Scott

        Heard one story about a particular vehicle that Hypertech tried to do a
module for but couldn't improve upon the factory setup (was pretty much set
for best performance already). JET came out with a module claiming the
typical 20hp gains. When Hypertech bought one and dismantled it there was
a bunch of electronics with a jumper running from the input to the output.
Straight loop. (Did I get this right Scott V?) Not saying that all their
stuff is bad or that this is completely accurate but you have to hear all
sides to make a educated buy.

As with any "chip" do your research. Ask if there is a refund in case you
think it didn't do anything. Back up the mod with before and after numbers
at the strip if you can. I imagine one of the mags will do a feature on
the JET offering when it hits the market. Ask 'em for a way to contact
someone who already has the computer and talk to 'em direct about it. Is
there a Shelby Dak club you could contact for info?