Re: dakota headers

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 1997 - 11:18:01 EDT

----------
> From: dmagnum@ccs.netside.com
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: dakota headers
> Date: Friday, August 22, 1997 07:36 AM
>
> Hey Rich,
>
> I have a 96 2WD. I used the Y-pipe off a 93 because it has larger
crossover pipes
> and outlet(3" verses 2.5"). So you'll need a 3" cat(Dynomax @ Summitt
Racing).
> You are right about the pinched pipe on the left side. They ALL have this
feature for
> 4x4 Applications. I had mine cut out then repatched. This is much cheaper
than buying
> headers(if you have a 94 and up Dakota). Replace this pipe and the
cat(More flow than
> stock cat)for about 250 bucks. You'll be real happy. My pocket book
thanks me.
> Make sure you disconnect your battery and let the JTEC erase its EEPROM!

> Stan
> dmagnum@mail.netside.com

Funny, I don't want any less backpressure on my Dakota. With the DT
headers, & a good
3" CAT back exhaust, I fear I'd have flames coming out the tailpipe if I
got a better flowing
CAT!!! Too little pressure hurts your performance... Ever had an exhaust
leak??? I did
on my '91 Dakota (right next to the Y pipe)... Lost a ton of power..and it
was little leak...

Sam '95 SLT Dakota