Jarrod's performance

From: dmagnum@ccs.netside.com
Date: Tue Sep 02 1997 - 11:42:28 EDT

Hey Jarrod,

 I have a 96 with the OBD II crap. Have you ever reset the eeprom in the JTEC
 at all
 since you owned the vehicle? You should unplug the battery for 20 minutes,
 restart
 and warm up, then do three or so full throttle romps.

 My stock gas milage was always around 14 or so even with a heavy foot at times.
 12 to 14 seems a little low for moderate driving. What color are you spark
 plugs?
 Bill brought up a good point. You may just have a tight motor. You may want
 to try
 a full synthetic oil. I use Syntec 5W-50.

 Did you ever run your truck with absolutely no mods? Should have ran around
 a 15.7..
 (97 CC V8 Auto 355SG 4x2).

 Have you considered a visit to the dealership to complain about loss of power?
 They will run a complete diagnostic on it!
 I did this when I had my 93 CC V8. Thats when they told me I had a heavy foot
 when they analyzed my fuel consumption curve. I asked them to advance the
 timing
 to the max. The tech said it was advanced to the max at 10BTC. The
 adjustment that
 can be made was 0 to 10 Deg BTC. It's worth a shot.

 Try a 180 thermostat. I have one in mine. It makes it stumble a little when
 it's cold
 but it smooths out in a few minutes. Every time you make a mod, reset the
 JTEC. I was
 told that the SBEC's will retain memory for 20 minutes. I'm not sure on the
 JTEC's.
 I'm going to order a Chrysler drivability manual soon for my truck.

 Let me know what's up

 Stan
 dmagnum@mail.netside.com