Trailer Pulling

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Wed Sep 03 1997 - 07:48:39 EDT

OK, here's an unusual question for the group. I'll soon be ordering a '98
Dakota, CC, V8, 5-speed, 3.90 rear, HD everything, to pull my 25' Shadow
Cruiser 5th wheel trailer (4,800 lb loaded). My biggest concern is low-end
torque, since I want plenty of it available when I let the clutch out.
That way, I won't have to slip it too much to get the *r's* up, although,
with that *low* first gear and a 3.90 rear, it shouldn't be a problem. The
solution to increasing low-end torque is probably different that what a lot
of you guys are doing to improve results on the drag strip. Any
suggestions?
(P.S. - If you want to see the new models of my trailer, checkout
www.shadowcruiser.com. Mine is a '91, so it isn't listed. But check out
how aerodynamic these trailers are. It should be a good match for my
Dakota. I don't work for Shadow Cruiser. I'm retired from federal
service.)