Re: 98 prices are out

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Thu Sep 04 1997 - 15:52:10 EDT

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997 20:17:13 -0400, you wrote:

>Apparently the R/T is more than just the 5.9 (360) and stripes. It is =
also
>a standard automatic tranny,

Was holding out for the NVG4500 5speed, I can't stand autos in a
4X4...or anti-lock brakes...

>special (*free flowing*) exhaust,

Gibson took care of that....

>*performance* suspension (so that eliminates the 4x4),

Not neccesarly....I have that option on my truck now. I think that the
4X2 will come with special performance handling shocks, and the 4X4
might have come with a heavy duty offroad type gas shock. It also
might have something like polyurethane bushings. My Dak is the
tightest handling factory 4X4 I have driven so far, yet it has quite a
bit of axle articulation, even with the rear-sway bar intact.

>and low profile
>tires. Not too compatible with the jacked-up 4x4 set. =20

As per their ads/press release, the 4X4 would have the same 31"x10.50"
tires as I got with the tire and handling package.=20

        Steve

=09
97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back