Re: Speed governor

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Fri Sep 19 1997 - 09:22:49 EDT

> I've discoved a speed governor on my 97 Dak. It kicks in on the highway
at
> about 90 mph. It's some sort of invisible force that holds the truck
back.
> All I know is I hear this little voice start to shout... 'Do you know how
> much a ticket is for going 95 in a 60 zone?' How do I get rid of this
> governor? ;)

mine cuts off at 115 on my '97. i was told by jules at magnum performance
that there is a blue wire coming from the tranny going up to the computer
that relays speed to the governer. if ya put a toggle switch on this blue
wire, it will shut off the governer. i have not gone under my truck to find
this blue wire yet.. so i dont know if it works. i wanna try it though. it
is kinda embarrassing when ya race a crap'stang on the street or highway
and get to those top end speeds and you hti the limiter and he keeps
going:(

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://www.laker.net/moparman
1997 Dakota CC V8 Sport FIPK Flowmaster Transgo Pilone Throttle Body R/T
Bumblebee Stripe, Lakewood Traction Bars.
1972 Dodge Demon, Future 12 Second 1/4 Mile Car