Re: Re: Sure-grip suggestions?

From: Geoffrey Hausheer (ghaushe@ichips.intel.com)
Date: Mon Oct 06 1997 - 11:40:03 EDT

Can I ask why there is any reason to drive a locker-diff on the street? The
locker will make the cornering absolutely horrendous, and while it might help
your starts a little, it hardly seems worth the price to pay. It is much more
expensive than the "Sure-grip" (i.e. limited slip) rear end (at least the ones
I've seen), and is basically used in racing (for various reasons, depending on
the class) and in engines making 700+ HP where the stock diff just can't
handle it.
Now this entire message is just my understanding, and I may be completely off
base, so I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me good reasons why anyone
would want a locker over the sure-grip...
Thanks,
Geoffrey Hausheer
Intel Corp.
Hillsboro, OR