Re: RE: Found my truck (was: Introduction)

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 13:07:45 EDT

> From: KAY DECHANCE <kbshadow@classic.msn.com>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: RE: Found my truck (was: Introduction)
> Date: Wednesday, October 08, 1997 09:04 AM
>
> Rupert.
>
> Did or are they going to charge you for advertising.
>
> Anyone else on the list buy at X above invoice? if so did the dealer give
 or
> show you the invoice or does the dealer tell you what is on the invoice
and

        I went straight into Fleet Sales. They make $500 on the sale of the car.
That's it. No commission, because they have 2 Fleet Sales reps., and they
will sell cars/trucks. The front lot has 10-12 guys roaming the lots
trying to get
some poor sucker to pay the window sticker. I was given the dealer's cost
sheet
from Chysler, all delivery fees, etc. Went to the copy machine across the
room,
made a copy myself. Then told them I would check out the truck (it was 100
miles
away at another dealership). Found what I wanted, checked it out, went
back to
the dealership in my town (San Diego) and told the Fleet Sales Rep. it was
a deal
and to have the truck brought down (dealer trade). Window sticker on the
truck
was $21500 ('95 prices)... I paid $18504 out the door (including
tax/license).
The dealer's cost was $15750..add the trucking fee, and prep brought it to
$164xx something, tax and license was 10% of that.. Add on the $500 over
cost, and $18504... Did the same thing for my wife's Toyota Corolla las
year.

        You can go through Fleet Sales, but you have to know who to talk
to. My deal with the Dodge place was simple. I had problems with the
service
on my '91 Dakota at that dealership, and I told them that they owed me a
favor.
When I bought my wife's Toyota, I told the guy "You can do a sale with me
today
and make $500 without the hard sell, or I can go to another dealership
that will
sell to me, and they'll make $500 and you won't" "Plus if you have the car
I want, they can get it via dealer trade..." I use to deliver cars for a
Volkswagon
dealership, and on numerous occations was given a check to 'buy' the car
for
the dealership, and drive it back (not giving them a car in trade) to my
local
dealer. The check for a $14500 Jetta was $8500 bucks.. Major markup.

> that you shouldn't buy a car made on a day of the world series because
people
> stay home to watch and they have the janitors reassigned to build the
cars,

        Heck, my '95 Dakota was built Friday December 23rd, 1994... The
Friday before the Christmas Holiday weekend... I've only had a few
problems
that were 'bone-head' assembly related: Intake gasket leaked, speedo gear
was for a 3.21 ratio, and not 3.90, passenger window track was bent--
ruined
the glass/track, and my intermitten wiper switch failed.

        Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/