Wed Nite Drags with Jon

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 18:46:29 EDT

He made it, Jon got to the drags and now is looking for the opening nite of
98. The place was busy having the most entries of the 97 season so the runs
were fewer than usual as I only made 4 runs all night. Jon made a lot more as
he was there when they opened and when I left at 10:30 he was heading back
out for another run. Being his first time he had a lot to become acquainted
with such as the christmas tree and getting used to going on the 3rd yellow
and not waiting for the green but he got better before the night was over.

We talked about how nice it would have been to have the other Dakota list
members there with us. It was really nice to meet Jon and we had a enjoyable
evening at the races. I look forward to meeting up with him again and hope to
meet up with some of the rest of you folks some day.

One side comment that some may enjoy is the 5 speed/automatic contoversy came
out a draw. There is a inside story to that which I won't get into at this
time but we got a big chuckle out of it. I had a couple of problems but did
manage one good run out of the 4 runs a 13.15 @ 104. I am planning to go back
up and run on this Sunday just as a practice run for the Frigid Nationals
next sunday. I am hoping the daytime running may get me a 12 as the evening
starts out good but as the humidity goes up the performance and traction goes
down. I'm not a blood racer but sure do have a good time.

Bill