Re: Auto vs 5-spd; was Re: 1998 Dakota R/T (question about

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Fri Oct 10 1997 - 05:45:20 EDT

> 1st, autos have just as much power as sticks

1st, if you talk to any Dyno shop they will tell you that a stock
auto has more drive line friction loss than a stock maunel.

> 2nd I've never been beaten at a stop light with a stock
> automatic (No mods) so I disagree with the less acceleration,

Wow, you must be good, seeing how a "no mods" Ram runs in the 16's
and a "no mods" Dak runs in the 15's, not to mention every V8 f-body
in town runs in the 14's and better.

> Bruce >>
>

> Now here is a knowledgeable person on both autos and sticks. Very well put
> and I fully agree. I would love to hook up my 35 foot travel trailer to my
> auto and have one of you 5 sp die hards hook up to one just like it and head
> out side by side west on route 17, it would be very interesting watching you
> fading away in my rearview mirror.
>
> Bill

Oh boy, here we go again. Everybody put your boots on.

Alan...