Mission Accomplished

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 20 1997 - 22:33:13 EDT

Went to the Frigid Nationals at the NYIRP Drag strip yesterday and it was
absolutely a gorgeous day for racing, 50's temp and 50's humidity. Made 3
runs all on juice as follows:

13.230 @103.68 .807 R/T 2.080 60'

12.959 @104.40 .682 R/T 2.025 60'

13.083 @103.68 .431 R/T 2.057 60' this was the first run of eliminations and
I blew it with a red light, Oh well I got my 12 and it made my day win lose
or draw I was real happy. I eneded up runing Pro class 13.99 and lower just
to run the juice and that was quite a ordeal, my stock looking Club Cab
Dakota definitely looked out of place but showed that it wasn't as there were
many cars running slower times. There were over 300 entries and over 130 in
the Pro class. I kept thinking there was something wrong with my truck as
these Pro cars with open headers shook everything around including my truck I
thought that I had dropped a cylinder then they would shut the things off and
the shake went away. It was real intimidating at the line as they would rev
theirs up and I thought mine quit and it was hard to concentrate with all
that racket next to ya. Had a great time though and that ole 12 made my
season. There are 2 more weeks of test and tune and I plan to try to make
them both. I want to see how low I can get the non juice runs and may have to
play with the juice a little if it is a real good day.

Bill
In the old Club Cab Auto just smokin them tires...