Changing color of decals on a 98

From: Mike Muise (C-Muise@mail.dec.com)
Date: Sun Nov 02 1997 - 16:00:32 EST

I was out looking at the 98's today (yeah, it's kind of
pathetic, but what else am I gonna do to kill time waiting
for mine to arrive?), and noticed that the Emerald Green
trucks, for unknown reason, use that gross green (Jade?)
color for the decals ("DAKOTA", "Sport", etc.) I think
white would be about 1000% better, so I'm wondering if
it's possible to change the decal color.

Anyone done this? Can you just mask off the letters and paint
'em? (I'd like to see that) How about ordering a new decal set?

>From memory, there are 4 decals in total: "Dakota Sport" on each
side, plus "DODGE" and "4x4" on the tailgate. I guess the other
option would be to remove them all (and maybe replace them with
one of the "cool" $6 Dakota decals :^) but I don't know how to
do that, either.

Help me out.

cheers,
mike