Durango/Dealership

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 10 1997 - 14:39:22 EST

Hi Guys,
        Was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar incident with
their local Dodge dealership, this is what happened: Saw that my local
dealership (Courtesy Chrysler Plymouth Dodge in Dalton, GA) had A Durango
in stock, so I stopped in and asked for a test drive, told them I was just
looking around at different trucks/sport utes and wanted to see how it
drove, their reply" are you planning to buy right now", i told them no, I
want to test out everything first, want to see how different ones drive
and handle reponse" It drives great, it's a new truck" (Well, Duh, but
that's not what i asked). Then they came up with "Our Insurance doesn't
allow us to let anyone under 21 have a test drive" so then i asked if I
could just ride in it while one of them drove, their reponse "No, not
unless your planning to buy right now, we're trying to keep the miles
down" Which is a crock if you ask me, because all they do is add the
number of miles on it to the warranty, I know when my brother bought a new
truck it already had 150 miles on it, all they did was bump warranty to
last till it had 36,150 miles on it. So I finally just said fine,
whatever, and walked out. It just really pissed me off, because they just
kept blowing me off. They might not realize it but they just lost a lot
of business, because I'll never buy anything from them now, and I plan to
own several CC products over the years, none of which they'll earn
anything off of. Later-

Bruce