Re: Rev limiter on the Mopar SBEC

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 23:13:54 EST

I just received an e-mail today from Superchips down in florida and they
feel that they can do some custom work beyond reprogramming the timing and
fuel curves. They seem to think that they can raise the rev limiter high
enough. I'm wondering if they just want my money and won't be able to
solve the problem. I have to contact them on their guarantee. I'm always
interested in talking to those guys that have serious horsepower on the
brain. Where are you from, and what times are you running with the NOS.
What other mods have you completed? I'm kicking around the idea of
swapping in a built 360 over the summer but I need to find out what else
has to be done ie computer swaps etc.
I also want to run the M1 manifold drilled for injectors with the four
barrel throttle body. I can't believe that the manifold alone will cost
about $500. I'm in the process of scanning some hole shot pics of my Dak
that were taken least weekend. I should hopefully have them in the pics
section of the DML by early next week if possible. Any tips on how to
upload them would be greatly appreciated. I showed some of my students
what the teachers truck could do and they seemed to be quite surprised. I
guess my Dak won't be a sleeper around here any more. But anyone that
knows what a Vortech sounds like will know what the truck next to them can
do. Thanks for your input on the computer. I'll look forward to hearing
from you soon.

Dan
94 Sport 5.2 Vortech etc.

----------
> From: WillTier@aol.com
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Rev limiter on the Mopar SBEC
> Date: Thursday, November 13, 1997 8:31 PM

> << I have solved my shifting problems with my Vorteched 94. I adjusted
the
> throttle cable. I am still however hitting the rev limiter built into
the
> computer. Does anyone know if the rev limiter can be removed, or bumped
> up? I really want to let this thing fly, but I can't yet. >>
>

> Nope atleast not by anyone I know. I tried to get the stock one bumped up
and
> called back and forth across the country on tips from everyone I called,
no
> soap, no one can or no one wants to take the time to mess with CC stuff,
> Cheby sure can do anything to them. I am using the MP computer which
raises
> the limit to 6200 or 6500 and have not hit on it yet but the MP computer
> advances the timing therefore I had to go with the MSD 6A and the
Multi-step