K&N FIPK

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Fri Nov 28 1997 - 20:38:08 EST

GOOD DAY TO ALL MEMBERS

I was just browsing through the dodge truck news group and noticed a
article posted by a individual who has made successive modifications to
his truck and recorded the results on a chassis dyno. His truck is a
RAM 1500 with the 360 I believe. He claimed the FIPK showed a loss of 4
HP and 10LB-FT of torque. His figures show the replacement K&N filter
is the way to go. I have a clone and it sounds great with the roar
through the intake but there's this sucking sound at light and moderate
throttle. I also noticed the throttle response seems to have suffered
since I installed it. Any opinions, suggestions?

Terry