Re: Trannys

From: Cosmicfrog@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 19:42:45 EST

<< My vote would be that their just trying to get you to mess up your tranny
 so you will have to buy a new one from them because I see no way how
 leaving old fluid in your tranny indefinitely could be good for it,
 because eventually all the anti-friction properties will be gone and will
 be like driving with water (because like water it will offer no
 protection against friction) in your tranny which is nothing but bad for
 it. Just my opinion....

 Bruce >>

   I second that! I've always kept my fluid changed every 30K miles and have
gotten almost 160K out of the last one that needed rebuilding. I have a
Trailduster with either 119K, 219K, or 319K on it (don't really know) and
when I put another motor in it I cleaned the tranny and put new fluid and
filter in it. There was a pile of dirt in the pan under the filter where a
cracked dipstick tube had let it get in. 1000 miles so far and no problems,
even though it was burnt more than any other trans fluid I've ever seen.