Re: RE: Club??

From: Stacy Clark (clar8883@dpnet.net)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 22:36:19 EST

Brian Blatter wrote:

> mike@snakebite.com wrote:
>
> > > no we are more like a group of people that have dakots and just talk
> >
> > > about them 8). your counted.. btw anyone know how many people are
> > > actuallyi interested in the club, from what i see about less then 10
>
> Lord Foul sent a message that it was 11.
>
> > I'm interested, and I'm sure alot more are but they are just waiting
> > to see how things
> > work out.
> >
> > I do think that we need a good domain name like dakota-truck.org or
> > better
> > yet dakota.org for things to really take off. I think we could get
> > alot of new members
> > with an easy to remember domain. I mean there has to be more than
> > 300+ people who are
> > internet literate AND drive dakotas....
> >
> > --
> > Michael Clark
>
> I checked with Internic to see what domains were available and
> dakota.org and .com are not available. However, dakota-truck.org and
> .com are available. The fee for registering a domain name is $100 for
> the first 2 years and $50 for each year after that. I don't know who
> would be willing to help with the fee from the club, but it wouldn't
> have to be much. Maybe we could get CC to sponser us! (Anybody with CC
> out there want to take this on?)
>
> Anyways, I don't think http://www.pure-energy.net/dakota is too long a
> URL for now. I had some more ideas for the page that I will implement
> soon. I would like to have a Performance/Modifications section that
> then has an area for the V8 Magnum and pre-Magnum and the same for the
> V6. We could also seperate it by groups of years when the body style
> changed etc. I would like to have a link to peoples dakota homepages
> and to suppliers of Dakota Mods homepages. I took a look at the Chevy
> F-body page and some good ideas there. They have just been doing this
> longer than we have, so it will take us some time to get something
> similar.
>
> Any ideas from anyone will be appreciated. Hopefully this page can be a
> good source of info for those with Daks and those that are considering
> Daks.
>
> Brian
> --
> brian@pure-energy.net
> PURE ENERGY.net - Your source for Internet Presence!
> http://www.pure-energy.net
>
> Pure Energy Mobile DJ - Good Music for Great Parties and Dances
> dj@pure-energy.net
> http://www.pure-energy.net/dj
i agree i think we should get dakota-truck.org. depending on how many
people are gonna be in the club the cost of buying that may not be to
bad. we need a group of people who are gonna be doing the work on the
web page. since everyone is in charge we need 2 or 3 people to work
together on the page coming up with ideas and searching other pages. i
dont think we should have more then 3 people working on it what do you
all think?? any volunteers for working the page?