insurance 2

From: Frank Ball (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 1997 - 18:15:41 EST

} Well, I'm 18. Thats probably the biggest part. I am going to see what
} it would be in my Dads name, but I know it will still be high just
} because I'm on their policy. Our insurance company is Farmers
} Insurance, I think I will call around. I've seen an ad on TV for
} Geico Insurance, anyone know anything about them? They say they can
} get you a really good deal. (Dont they all?)

I saved a bundle when I switched from Farmers to State Farm. Geico buys
radar guns for police departments so they can raise your insurance rates
when you get a ticket. They lobby to make radar detectors illegal. And
the pressure they put on their own employees to write letters to
congress to help lobby against radar detectors was borderline extortion.
Do NOT deal with Geico. If you are with State Farm for a couple of
years they will overlook a few tickets, but they are picky about
accepting new customers with less than excellent records.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD