Re: My hopes of a truck

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 06 1997 - 14:19:40 EST

> Not here Bruce ... under our system, the good drivers (and taxpayers)
> subsidize the poor drivers...and the
> worst drivers are young males (always have been) ... a combination of
> inexperience, hormones and often booze.
>
> As a good driver (30 years without an at-fault claim), I'm feeling 'ripped
> off', not by the insurance companies but by the lousy drivers and the
> crooks.
>

> Rob Agnew
> ragnew@islandnet.com

As I said in a previous post, I don't think that young males are the worst
drivers, it's just they are out on the road more than any other group,
going to pick up their girlfriends, taking them out, cruising, going to
school, then to part-time job after school, etc..., etc... Look at the avg
mileage driven per year of young males vs other groups,it is much larger
for the young males. Heck my brother put 36K miles on his truck last
year, I've driven 6K miles in the past 2 months just commuting back and
forth to school, and going home every couple of weeks. It's not that they
are bad drivers, it's just they are on the road more, and thus are put in
a position where there's a possibility of a wreck more often... You're
right you are being shafted, and you'll probably never get your money's
worth out of that 30 years' worth of premiums, but oh well i guess
there's nothing you can do but continue paying it...

Bruce