RE: Rims/Tires for sale:

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Tue Dec 09 1997 - 10:07:20 EST

Hi Sam -

> In light of my recent motorcycle accident, I am forced to make
>some cut backs (and try to get the money together to cover my
>medical costs, auto-insurance deductible, etc.) This will be a
>lame Christmas this year.

Man, what a serious bummer!

> I crashed my motorcycle over the Thanksgiving weekend.
>I hurt my back, and left elbow. No problem I thought..I'll get
>through it. I did major damage to my bike. It is at the dealer
>now, with an estimated $1100 worth of damage (most of that
>is probably labor, and I could do a good part of that work
>myself).

I ride motorcycles too, Sam, and although I've never been involved in a
motorcycle accident(knock on wood), I can certainly relate to how you
must feel (both your physical pain, and the bike damage). I guess the
best news is that you didn't get hurt more seriously, and that you will
heal and the motorcycle will get fixed.

> On Wednesday I finally went to the Doctor. Had x-rays
>done, etc. etc. Doctor who examined me thought I might have a
>fractured elbow. Went back on Friday. Guess what! My elbow
>wasn't broken after all! But my back was. Seems my T-6 (thorasic?-

Yow! Sounds painful!

>Riding in the Dakota is too tough for me, so I'll be driving my wife's
>Corolla for the next 8-10 weeks. Hopefully I will be able to return to
>limited-work by Wednesday.

Yikes, a UGI! Quite a difference from the Dak!

> So to make a long story longer, I'm selling a bunch of crud from
>my garage to help pay for my looming medical bills (I have insurance,
>but an MRI is only covered 70%, and I don't have $900-$1000 sitting

Oh, that is one expensive exam! I know, I work at a hospital and have
seen some of the charges for various procedures. Bummer that the
insurance doesn't cover it totally.

>around). I have a set of '95 Dakota SLT Chrome 'star' wheels/caps,
>with 215-75-15 BFG AT tires on them. Have approx. 30k miles on them,
>showing about 40-50% tread left, and worn evenly. Asking $200 for the
>set. I'll even throw in a Dakota bug guard, and plastic vent visors.

These are the chrome steel wheels, right?? With those tires, they're a
steal at $200. Hmm, you've only got the 215/75's on there?? I still
might be interested, but I'm not sure what it would cost to send them
all the way across the country (I'm on the East Coast). Let me know if
you have any other nibbles, or if you can find out the approximate
shipping cost.

> Shipping is extra....batteries not included... your mileage may
vary..
>etc. etc. Next on the auction block are my jetskis, my diecast car
>collection, possibly my motorcycle (*gulp*), and my Jeep. Wife is
>extremely ticked, and I don't blame her.

Why should she be ticked at you, accidents are just that, *accidents*!
I'm sure you didn't leave the house that day saying, "Gee, I think I'll
crash my bike today". She should be a little more understanding of you
during this time of crisis when you're suffering from physical,
emotional and financial pain and stress. Tell her to lighten up on you
and by all means, please get well soon!!

> Seriously bummed (in a back brace!),

Hang in there, we'll all be rootin' for ya on the list!!]

> Ciao!
>
> Ned Vogler
> (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
> '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
> Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone/Magnecor KV85 wires
> Brass Cap & Rotor/Autolite Platinums/Blaster 3 Coil
> MSD 6AL Ignition/MPI Super Street TBI w/Power Bridge
> Pioneer DEH-65DH/Pioneer TS-A5705/TS-626/SAS Bazooka A82-80
WCNB/HSSB/FCFL/DTW/DMF/TCBSR/DDBC