A Dakota in my future (rack-n-rail system)

From: Husar, Mark (mhusar@dfsc.dla.mil)
Date: Thu Dec 11 1997 - 07:18:49 EST

<Has anyone seen, used or purchased a rack-N-rail system? What do
 < you think?

I purchased a rack-n-rail system for my 96 RC,SB a few months back.
Overall, I like it. I use it to haul my canoe, extension ladder, or
anything that would stick too far out the back. I bought it directly
from the company. My only complaints were 1.) they didn't send any
installation instructions (not too hard to figure out except for the
hardware they had for the stake pockets, which is a moot point on 97s
and later). 2.) even though the paint (a flat black) seemed to be pretty
thick there were several areas that were nicked in shipping ( and maybe
during installation) that started to rust. I just used Extend on those
areas. I like that fact that it gives you the utility of those work
racks except for capacity, (500 lbs vs. 1000 lbs) without the drawbacks
(ugly looks, extra aero drag) when it's not in use.